- What are the relevant references publications for the Megha-Tropiques mission ?
- Roca R, H Brogniez, P Chambon, O Chomette, S Cloché, M Gosset, JF Mahfouf, P Raberanto and N Viltard, 2015 The Megha-Tropiques mission: a review after three years in orbit, Front. Earth Sci., 3, 1–14, doi:10.3389/feart.2015.00017, 2015.
- What are the relevant references publications for the TAPEER data ?
For the TAPEER algorithm :
- Chambon P, Jobard I, Roca R, Viltard N.2012 An investigation of the error budget of tropical rainfall accumulation derived from merged passive microwave and infrared satellite measurements. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 138: 000.000. DOI:10.1002/qj.1907
- Roca et al., Quantifying the contribution of the Megha-Tropiques mission to the estimation of daily accumulated rainfall in the Tropics, submitted for the Special Collection “Advances in Remote Sensing of Rainfall and Snowfall”, J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 2017
For the TAPEER product performance evaluation
- Gosset M, Alcoba, R. Roca , S.Cloché, G Urbani, E Lorant, Validation TAPEER, submitted to the Special Collection “Advances in Remote Sensing of Rainfall and Snowfall”, Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 2017
- Four daily accumulation files are provided. How do they differ ? Which one shall I use ?
Indeed we provide the daily accumulation based on various definition of the 24h day depending on start time. Hence we provide 0h-0h, 6h-6h, 12h-12h and 18h-18h. All time are GMT time.
Depending on your applications you can select the best suited integration. In particular when comparing to daily accumulation from raingauges it is important to double check the start time of the 24h day period to ensure valid comparisons with the TAPEER product.
- I found differences at the monthly scale between the different daily accumulations. Is this correct ?
Yes it is. Indeed global maps of the differences between the monthly average of daily accumulations at various start times (see 2) reveal patches of differences. These difference correspond to major rain events occuring at the first or last day of the month and have a significant contribution to the monthly accumulation.